Asus Transformer TF700 now can run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean guys. No, Asus has not release an official Android 4.2 firmware for TF700 yet. However, you can experience Jelly Bean 4.2 earlier on your tablet via AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based ROM. This should be a great chance for those of you who can’t wait any longer to taste Google’s latest Jelly Bean on your Transformer TF700 tablet. Today, i will teach you how to install this AOSP Android 4.2 ROM to your Transformer TF700 tablet.
Before we get started, you better do some of these following preparation steps first:
* Create full backup of all your important data, including settings, apps, and contact
* Install latest version of Asus Transformer TF700 drivers on your computer
* Root your tablet
Assuming that you already finish with all steps that i mention above, we can start the tutorial right away:
1. Download Jelly Bean AOSP Android 4.2.1 ROM for Transformer TF700 and Google Apps Package to your computer. Connect your tablet into the computer via USB cable and move those two files into the root folder of your SD Card
2. Remove your tablet and turn it off. Boot into Recovery Mode by press and hold Volume Down and Power button. Wait until you see a specific message and press Volume Up. Press Volume Down button in order to highlight USB icon and confirm with Volume Up button
3. Once you’re in Recovery Mode, you should select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > pick AOSP Android 4.2 ROM. The installation process will run immediately. Normally, it will take between 3-4 minutes. Once it done, do the same thing with Google Apps package
4. When the installation complete, you need to go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now
Done! Your Asus Transformer TF700 should run on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean right now. Please note that on this unofficial build, GPS and camera are not working at the moment. But aside from that, this ROM is ready for daily drivers. I’ve been using it without any problem right now. Enjoy it guys.