Android 4.1 Jelly Bean already available around for couple of days since Google announced it at I/O conference. I’m, quite convinced that the company is indeed releasing the OTA update of this OS for Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, and Motorola Xoom next month. So, what about other androids? Will they taste Jelly Bean? Hmm, that’s a pretty though question guys since Samsung and HTC are the only manufacturer that already come out with official statement about Jelly Bean until now. Guess that we’ve to wait for couple of weeks before the layers of fog is shed.
In the mean time, those of you who are happen to own Acer Iconia Tab A500 would be happy. I’m recently spotted a leaked version of Jelly Bean OS that works on your tablet! Isn’t that awesome guys! The best part is i’m gonna teach you how to install it.
Before you get too thrilled, please note that this leaked version contains lot of bugs. I’m successfully notice that some essential features like audio, WiFi, SD card, and USB mount are not working at the moment. But if all of that doesn’t kill the fun for you, then sit tight there and read my quick tutorial. Remember to create a full backup of all your important file before doing this.
1. Root your Acer Iconia Tab A500
2. Install Acer Recovery App. This will allow you to install custom Recovery Image
3. Download the Jelly Bean OS package. Connect your tablet into the computer and move the file into the root folder of your SD card
4. Turn off your tablet and boot into Recovery mode. This can be done by pressing both Volume – and Power buttons altogether
5. Once you already there, select Nandroid backup
6. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and continue with Wipe Cache Partition
7. Now, navigate to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > select the Jelly Bean package file
8. The installation process should begin and it will take from 4 to 5 minutes. Soon after it’s done, you should go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Well done guys, you’ve just successfully update your A500 tablet with Jelly Bean. Me myself was sucessfully done this tutorial after few failed attempts. So there’s no need to worry if you’re failed at the first time. Just move to the first step and repeat it all over again.