Although Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is already available around the corner for nearly two weeks now, there are still lot of devices that are dying to receive update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810 is one of them. Today, i will teach you how to update this tablet with Android 4.0.4 firmware. Please note that it is not an official release from Samsung, but it is taken from the leaked firmware that already available in other country. So, you can say goodbye to the weariness for warranty void issue since installing this one won’t cause that.
Before we start, you need to make sure that you’ve made several precautions. This will be useful to make sure that the installation process run very well. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, apps, settings, etc. Second, charge your tablet until it reach 50% of total battery life. Finally, enable the USB debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development.
1. Download both Android 4.0.4 and Odin package to your computer
2. Extract the firmware pack. Now you should get new file with .tar.md5 extension
3. Turn off your tablet. Enter download mode by pressing Volume – and power button. Press the Volume – until you will get notification that your device is already boot into Download Mode
4. Once the Download Mode activated, you have to connect your tablet into the computer via USB cable
5. Extract the Odin package and open the exe file
6. The ID:COM button on the program should colored in Yellow by now
7. Click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file that you got on the second step of this tutorial
8. Click on the Start button to begin the installation process
9. Your tablet will reboot automatically. Once it’s reach the language and country selection, you can remove it from the computer
Congratulations! You’ve just upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi P6810 to Android 4.0.4 Firmware! If you have problem with this tutorial, feel free to write down your question on the comment box below. I will try my best to solve your problem.