Archos is well known for their affordable Android tablet. They even provide an Android 4.0 update for their latest Arnova tablet! Sadly, these tablets don’t come out with open access to Android Market, now called as Google Play store. This is quite disappointing since the store is currently offer up to 452,000 different android apps. It’s too bad if Archos customers loose that precious access to the store due to lack of Google Play app. Luckily, by rooting your Archos tablet, you can open the Google Play store directly from your device. Today, we will teach you how to do that!
Please note that this tutorial will involve rooting, which instantly void your warranty. Off course you can claim it back by installing Archos’ default firmware, but we will provide you with the tutorial on the next occasion.
1. First, grab the gApps4Archos.apk file. You can search this on the web and there should be thousands of entry that will lead you to the right file. We suggest you to do this directly from your tablet
2. Now, open file explorer app in your tablet (if you don’t have it in your tablet PC, then install one). Search the gApps4Archos.apk file and select launch. The installation process should start immediately
3. The moment after it finish, the Android Market apps will appear in your desktop/home screen
4. Launch the app and follow the instruction to setup your Android Market/Google Play account
5. Congratulations! you’ve just successfully gain access to Android Market/Google Play store in your Archos tablet
Well, that’s all we can tell you right now folks. If you’re facing some troubles while applying this tutorial, please let us know via comment box below. We will try our best to assist you.