HP Touchpad is the company’s last product that feature their homegrown operating system webOS. The moment after HP discontinued TouchPad, they also give up the webOS and declared it as an open source system. HP also released the OS’s SDK kit, so the developers can play around with the system. This is mean that you can do lot of customization on TouchPad, even at extreme level like overclocking. The tablet is packed with 1.2 GHz CPU unit, but thanks to some creative hackers, now you can experience 1.9 GHz CPU performance.
Today we’re gonna tell you how to do the overclocking process. But first, make sure that your HP TouchPad has met these following condition :
- The battery power is charged at minimum rate of 60%, in order to make sure that you don’t experience any unexpected blackout during the process.
- Back up all of your important data
- Make sure that you’ve already installed the latest version of HP TouchPad firmware.
- Download and install Java environment and WebOS Quick Install into your computer.
If you already done with all of those stuffs, then let’s begin the overclocking process :
1. Plug in your tablet into the computer and make sure that the USB mass storage mode is disabled.
2. Type webos20090606 in the tablet
3. Tap your writings, a new prompt window should appear and ask you for password. Leave it blank.
4. Launch the WebOS Quick Install, tap the red globe icon and select install. Search for an option called Preware and once again, select install.
5. Continue with Manage Feeds and pick the New Feed option. You need to fill the blank option with the following information
- name : webos-testing-all
- url : http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all
6. Click the Add Feed button, there will be a notification appear but you can ignore it. Next, all you have to do is repeat step 5, but this time you’ll insert different information
- name : webos-testing-armv7
- url : http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7
7. Hit the Back button. Click on the List Everything, find the F15C kernel and install it.
8. Wait until the process completed. Once it’s done, reboot your tablet.